On January 18, 2018, Infunde Development Pte. Ltd. (“Infunde”) officially became a signatory to the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (“PRI”), joining more than 1,900 organizations that have demonstrated commitment to responsible investment.
Infunde’s Managing Director, Mason Wallick, said “Responsible investment has always been a key area of importance for Infunde, We have incorporated environment, social, and governance policies through all phases of development and investment – from initial screening through to divestment. As a signatory of the PRI, we aim to enhance our disclosure and reporting across our portfolio of project development activities demonstrating our leadership and desire for enhanced governance in the renewable and infrastructure investment industry.”
“We welcome Infunde to the PRI and applaud their dedication to responsible investment strategies. We hope this will send a strong signal to other investment firms in the region of the importance of looking at ESG factors as part of the investment decision making process.”Fiona Reynolds
The PRI was launched in April 2006, with a mission to achieve a sustainable global financial system by encouraging the signatory-organizations to adopt, collaborate and implement the Six Principles for Responsible Investment.
These six principles are
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes;
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and procedures;
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest;
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the principles within the investment industry;
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the principles; and
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the principles.